In this blog, we will compare two of their most popular speakers from Bowers and Wilkins a well-known brand in the world of high-end speakers from the UK, the B&W 606 S2 and B&W 607 S2, and help you choose the best one for your needs.
The main difference between B&W 606 S2 and 607 S2 Book shelf speakers are in the former has a sensitivity of 88DB vs the 84 DB for the later making 606 S2 less power hungry and can be paired with less powered amplifier as wel. Another noticeable difference is in the cone size 606 S2 comes with 6.5” driver whereas 607 S2 has 5” driver and less depth which makes 606 S2 a clear winner for powerful impact sound.
B&W 606 S2 vs B&W 607 S2
|6.5" Continuum™ cone bass/midrange driver
||5" Continuum™ cone bass/midrange driver
|88 dB Sensitivity
||84 dB Sensitivity
|Dimensions (H x W x D): 347.0 x 191.0 x 326.0mm
||Dimensions (H x W x D): 301.0 x 166.0 x 232.0mm )
|Recommended amplifier power: 30-120 watts
||Recommended amplifier power: 30-100 watts
Here's a quick overview of each speaker:
- B&W 606 s2: The B&W 606 s2 is a 2-way bookshelf speaker that features a 6.5-inch Continuum cone mid/bass driver and a 1-inch Decoupled Double Dome aluminum tweeter. It has a frequency response range of 52Hz to 28kHz and is available in three finishes: matte black, satin white, and rosenut. It is priced at around rs 1,27,000 per pair.
- B&W 607 S2: The B&W 607 S2 is also a 2-way bookshelf speaker that features a 5-inch Continuum cone mid/bass driver and a 1-inch Decoupled Double Dome aluminum tweeter. It has a frequency response range of 52Hz to 28kHz and is available in two finishes: matte black and satin white. It is priced at around Rs 99,000 per pair.
Design and Build Quality:
When it comes to design and build quality, both the B&W 606 s2 and B&W 607 S2 are top-notch. Here are some details about their design and build quality:
- B&W 606 s2: The B&W 606 s2 has a sleek and modern design with rounded corners and a minimalist aesthetic. It is available in three finishes: matte black, satin white, and rosenut. The build quality is excellent, with a sturdy and robust construction that feels solid in your hands.
- B&W 607 S2: The B&W 607 S2 also has a modern design, but it's a bit more compact than the 606 s2. It is available in two finishes: matte black and satin white. The build quality is also excellent, with a solid and durable construction that can withstand regular use.
Both the B&W 606 s2 and B&W 607 S2 are known for their exceptional sound quality. Here are some details about their sound performance:
- Frequency response range: The frequency response range of both speakers is the same, with a range of 52Hz to 28kHz. However, the B&W 606 s2 has a larger driver, which may result in a slightly more extended frequency response.
- Bass response: The B&W 606 s2 has a larger driver, which means that it can produce deeper and more powerful bass than the B&W 607 S2. However, the B&W 607 S2 has a rear-firing port that helps to enhance the bass response.
- Midrange and treble performance: Both speakers have a similar midrange and treble performance, with clear and detailed sound reproduction. However, the B&W 606 s2 may be slightly better at reproducing the midrange due to its larger driver.
- Imaging and soundstage: Both speakers have excellent imaging and soundstage, creating a spacious and immersive sound experience. However, the B&W 606 s2 may have a slight advantage due to its larger driver and more extended frequency response.
Compatibility and Ease of Use:
Regarding compatibility and ease of use, both the B&W 606 s2 and B&W 607 S2 are easy to set up and use. Here are some details:
- Power handling and sensitivity: The B&W 606 s2 has a higher power handling capacity and sensitivity than the B&W 607 S2. This means that it can handle more power and produce louder sound levels.
- Amplifier compatibility: Both speakers are compatible with a wide range of amplifiers, so you won't have any trouble finding one that works with your system.
- Ease of set up and use: Both speakers are easy to set up and use, and they come with user-friendly manuals that guide you through the process.
Both the B&W 606 s2 and B&W 607 S2 are excellent bookshelf speakers that offer exceptional sound quality and design. The B&W 606 s2 has a larger driver and more extended frequency response, which may make it a better choice for those who prioritize bass performance and midrange detail. However, the B&W 607 S2 has a rear-firing port that enhances its bass response, making it a good choice for those who want a more compact speaker with solid bass performance. Ultimately, the choice between the two speakers will depend on your personal preferences and the specific needs of your system.
Leave a comment