The TA1 is a high performance stereo preamplifier, which includes a stereo FM tuner, inputs for line level analog sources, a built-in DAC with plenty of digital inputs for all of your digital audio sources, including a high-resolution asynchronous USB input and a built-in AptX capable Bluetooth receiver, and a high performance phono preamp that supports both moving magnet and moving coil cartridges, along with a high performance Class A/B amplifier.
The BasX TA1 enables you to experience the flexibility and superb sound quality you can achieve with separate audiophile components at a surprisingly affordable price. The TA1 combines a high performance stereo preamplifier and a high quality stereo amplifier in a single chassis.
The preamplifier section of the TA1 includes a stereo FM tuner, inputs for line level analog sources, a built-in DAC with plenty of digital inputs for all of your digital audio sources, including a high-resolution asynchronous USB input and a built-in AptX HD capable Bluetooth receiver, and a high performance phono preamp that supports both moving magnet and moving coil cartridges. The amplifier section features true audiophile quality Class A/B output circuitry that delivers plenty of power to drive most speakers to satisfying listening levels.
The TA1 can be operated via the simple front panel controls, or by the included infrared remote control. The intuitive menu system makes the TA1 simple to configure and operate, and the large bright blue VFD display on the front panel is easy to read, and shows you exactly what’s going on at all times. You can match the TA1 with a good pair of speakers for a great sounding stereo system, or use the built-in active crossover to add a separate powered subwoofer to create an audiophile quality 2.1 channel system.
The new BasX TA1 builds on the legacy of Emotiva's ground breaking TA-100 to bring you the next step in the evolution of affordable audiophile components. The TA1 features upgraded electronics, a streamlined menu system that allows you to tune and program FM stations directly from the remote control, and a sleeker more modern design aesthetic. If you’ve been waiting to experience the flexibility and performance of separate components then now is the time.
Sound Quality First
- Highly optimized circuit layout ensures the best possible sound quality, with low distortion, wide bandwidth, and a virtually silent noise floor.
- Analog inputs on the BasX TA1 follow a pure analog signal path and are never converted into the digital domain. All switching, Volume control, and Tone control in the TA1 is accomplished in the analog domain.
- Precision digital conversion on all digital inputs is provided by the legendary Analog Devices AD1955 24/192k DAC.
- The built-in high sensitivity FM tuner features 15 station presets and a Mono mode to help make even weak stations listenable.
Flexible Input And Output Options
- A full complement of analog inputs, including two line level inputs, and a high quality phono input that supports both moving coil and moving magnet cartridges.
- A full complement of digital inputs, including one USB input, one coax S/PDIF input, and one optical S/PDIF input (Toslink), all support sample rates and bit depths up to 24/192. The built-in high-performance Bluetooth receiver supports Bluetooth 5 and both AptX and AAC.
- An independent, high current, direct coupled headphone amplifier provides a high quality signal to drive your favorite headphones for personal listening.
- For a high quality two-channel system, simply connect the main full-range stereo outputs on the TA1 to a separate high quality stereo power amp and a good pair of speakers, or to the inputs on a pair of powered monitors.
- For use in a high-performance 2.1 channel system, the TA1 includes separate outputs for the main speakers and a powered subwoofer, with a fixed 90 Hz crossover frequency, and active 12 dB / octave Linkwitz-Riley high-pass and low-pass filters.
Powerful Audiophile Quality Class A/B Amplifier
- The Powerful Class A/B amplifier and toroidal-transformer based power supply in the TA1 will deliver excellent sound quality from almost any pair of stereo speakers.
- The active bass management crossover in the TA1 can be configured to work with the line level outputs, and with the internal amplifiers, or can be completely bypassed if you don't need it.
Controls That Are Both Convenient And Familiar
- A large easy to read blue VFD display gives you all the information you need about how your BasX TA1 is configured, and can be fully dimmed for intimate listening. The flexible menu system offers easy access to all important features and makes menu navigation a breeze.
- The front panel on the TA1 features a familiar Volume Control knob but now with precision crafted knurling and soft blue glow from the crescent shaped active light, or you can control the output level from your favorite chair using the convenient remote control. The unique Balance control on the TA1 simultaneously adjusts the levels of both channels so the overall sound level in your room remains constant when you make delicate adjustments.
- The intelligent Volume control in the TA1 remembers the levels you set on the headphone output and main outputs independently, ensuring that you won’t get any surprises when connecting and disconnecting your headphones.
- Bass and Treble controls provide a familiar way to adjust your system to sound just the way you like it.
- The FM Tuner in the TA1 allows you to tune FM stations manually or easily assign your favorite stations to any of the convenient channel presets.
- All of the features on the TA1 can be operated from the front panel controls or from the included full-function infrared remote control.
Great Sound: Now And For Years To Come
- The BasX TA1 features a heavy steel 2RU chassis, and a solid milled aluminum front panel, for rugged good looks.
- Top quality construction throughout, including double-sided FR4 circuit boards with plated-through holes, and SMD construction in critical locations, ensures that the TA1 will provide you with a long life of trouble free service.
- Emotiva's full three year warranty ensures that you’ll be able to enjoy your TA1 for years to come.
Universal Line Voltage Operation
- The BasX TA1 has a universal-voltage power supply that can operate on any voltage from 100 VAC to 240 VAC and will automatically configure itself to match your local line voltage.
- 2 pairs - stereo analog line level inputs (CD, Aux).
- 1 pair - stereo phono inputs (switchable; moving magnet or moving coil).
- Tuner - FM (with external antenna input; 15 station presets).
- 1 - digital coax (S/PDIF); 24/192k.
- 1 - digital optical (Toslink); 24/192k.
- 1 - digital USB (DAC input); 24/192k.
- 1 - Bluetooth receiver (Bluetooth 5, with AptX, AptX HD, and AAC support, antenna included).
- 1 pair - stereo full range main outputs.
- 1 pair - stereo high-pass outputs; with fixed 90 Hz Linkwitz-Riley high-pass filter.
- 1 - subwoofer output; with fixed 90 Hz Linkwitz-Riley low-pass filter.
- 1 - high performance stereo headphone output.
Analog Performance (line level)
- Maximum output level: 4 VRMS.
- Frequency response: 5 Hz to 50 kHz +/- 0.04 dB.
- THD+noise: < 0.001% (A-weighted).
- IMD: < 0.004% (SMPTE).
- S/N ratio: > 120 dB.
- Crosstalk: < 90 dB.
Analog Performance (speaker outputs)
- 60 watts RMS/channel; 8 Ohms; both channels driven; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD < 0.02%.
- 100 watts RMS/channel; 4 Ohms; both channels driven; at 1 kHz; THD < 1%.
- Minimum load impedance: 4 Ohms.
- Rated impedance: 8 Ohms.
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 0.15 dB; 5 Hz to 80 kHz +0/-1.8 dB.
- S/N ratio: > 116 dB.
Analog Performance (phono)
- Frequency response (MM and MC): 20 Hz to 20 kHz; ref standard RIAA curve.
- THD+noise: < 0.015% (MM; A-weighted); < 0.06% (MC; A-weighted).
- S/N ratio: > 78 dB (ref 5 mV; MM); > 58 dB (ref 0.5 mV; MC).
- Gain (ref unity gain on main outputs at 1 kHz): 44 dB (MM); 55 dB (MC).
Analog Performance (headphone)
- 8 Ohms: 23 mW / channel.
- 33 Ohms: 90 mW / channel.
- 47 Ohms: 127 mW / channel.
- 150 Ohms: 145 mW / channel.
- 300 Ohms: 114 mW / channel.
- 600 Ohms: 75 mW / channel.
- Frequency response:
5 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 0.15 dB (44k sample rate).
5 Hz to 80 kHz +/- 0.25 dB (192k sample rate).
- THD+noise: < 0.003% (A-weighted; all sample rates).
- IMD: < 0.007% (SMPTE).
- S/N ratio: > 110 dB ref rated output.
12 VDC trigger output.
Universal SMPS which accepts anywhere between 100 VAC and 240 VAC.
Controls And Indicators
- Power: rocker switch; rear panel.
- Standby: one front panel push.
- Two front panel pushbuttons: Input Select; menu operation.
- One front panel knob: Volume; Tuning; menu operation.
- Display: high visibility blue alphanumeric VFD display (dimmable).
- Remote Control: compact full-function infrared remote control.
- LEDs: amber Standby LED; blue illuminated legends for Input buttons and Headphone output.
17” wide x 2-5/8” high x 12-1/2” deep (unboxed; without connectors).
21” long x 7” high x 17-1/2” deep (boxed).
15 lbs (unboxed).
20 lbs (boxed).